Sponsored by Barbie
Before we begin, we should probably warn you that we wrote this blog post in a way that reflects our true emotional state: Screaming in all capital letters, lots of exclamation points (!!!), and non-stop use of the phrase, “We literally can’t even”.
Because guess what, y’all? WE LITERALLY CAN’T EVEN!!!!!! Who knew that designing and organizing a Barbie DreamHouse, complete with custom one-of-a-kind Clea & Joanna dolls, was on our 2021 bingo card?! Our kids officially think we are the coolest moms…which is honestly the biggest reward of them all.
This custom 2021 Home Edit Barbie DreamHouse with our one-of-kind dolls and accessories is not for sale. It was all part of a fun partnership we did with Barbie to introduce their 2021 Barbie DreamHouse (which *is* for sale at Walmart, Target, and Amazon, starting today!), and gave us the opportunity to reimagine and put our own finishing touches on their newest features. Basically, we told Mattel our wildest dreams and they made them happen.
Like…can these dolls BE any more Clea and Joanna?! The jean jackets, the sweaters, the headband. Not going to lie, Barbie is going to have to give us some tips because our hair has never looked better.
So, come inside! Let us show you around what will be our new home once we successfully “Honey, I Shrunk The Kids” ourselves and can move in permanently. Let’s start in the kitchen…
As if the organized fridge wasn’t enough, we also included…MINI DIVIDED BINS FILLED WITH MINI PRODUCE!!! LITTLE ESPRESSO PODS IN DIVIDED TURNTABLES!!! AN OVEN DOOR THAT OPENS AND CONTAINS BAKED GOODS!!! A PERFECTLY SET TABLE FOR WHEN WE HAVE GUESTS OVER!!!
And since it wouldn’t be The Home Edit Barbie DreamHouse without a rainbow ordered bookshelf….there is a rainbow ordered bookshelf. We also included a rainbow bookshelf next to one of the upstairs bunk beds!
Then there’s the closet which is….LITERALLY ADORABLE. Joanna actually owns that rainbow dress, but in human-size. And those acrylic purse dividers? Can’t even.
Even though The Home Edit accessories won’t be included, the actual 2021 Barbie DreamHouse is *still* a dream come true, and is now available at Walmart, Amazon, and Target.
For the first time ever, it features a party room with a light-up DJ stand, a BBQ that transforms into a dessert buffet, lighting transitions from day to night (and even party mode!) with 8 different colors, 3 songs, and 2 soundscapes, landscaping with a moveable pool, swing, and slide, AND a working elevator fitting multiple dolls or 1 in a wheelchair.
It’s literally too much for our hearts to handle. Please forward all mail to our new Barbie DreamHouse. Please and thank you.
xo, clea + joanna
Barbie Organizing Tips:
1. Stick to broad categories so the system is easier to maintain. For instance, group the dolls by size, and the accessories by item type.
2. Store items in modular storage to save space and offer easy accessibility. We prefer clear stackable drawers with bin inserts inside to subcategorize and contain the smaller items.
3. Use a rolling cart to create a Barbie play station with bins and inserts so toys can be moved to other areas of the home without complicating clean-up.
4. Store collectable items on a shelf in acrylic display cases to keep them protected.
5. Label everything! Small accessories can also be organized by color – just make sure to contain in clear storage for visibility.