Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.thehomeedit.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
We automatically collect information about you, your use of our website, or information collected by using cookies and similar technologies when you use, access or interact with our website. We may, for example, collect information about the type of device you use to access our websites, the operating system and version, your IP address, your general geographic location as indicated by your IP address, your browser type, the webpages you view on our websites, and whether and how you interact with content available on our websites.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
BASIC USER DATA:
This includes name, email address, IP address, and information provided by cookies or similar technology to share news about events and products offered by The Home Edit. The IP address helps us to understand geographic information about our websites’ visitors to better improve our website. It is our legitimate interest to process your personal data for these purposes.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL DATA:
The Home Edit uses the data we collect to provide you with theThe Home Edit Products and Services we offer, which includes using data to improve and personalize your experiences. We also use the data to communicate with you, for example, informing you about The Home Edit Products or Services available, security and other types of updates.
The Home Edit Uses the Data for The Following Purposes:
- We use data to respond to customer inquiries, diagnose Product, Services and Site problems, and provide other customer care and support services. This processing is necessary to serve our legitimate interest.
- We continually use data for research purposes and to develop and improve our The Home Edit Products and Services, including maintaining and improving the performance of our The Home Edit Services, using search queries and clicks to improve the relevance of search results and using usage data to determine what new features to prioritize. This processing is necessary to serve our legitimate interest.
- We use data to protect the security and safety of our The Home Edit Products, Services and our customers, to detect and prevent fraud, to resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. This processing is necessary to serve our legitimate interest.
- We use data to develop aggregate analysis and business intelligence that enable us to operate, protect, make informed decisions, and report on the performance of our business. This processing is necessary to serve our legitimate interest.
- We use the data we collect to deliver and personalize our communications with you. For example, we may contact you by email or other means of electronic communication. The Home Edit may inform you about new The Home Edit Products or Services, and security updates, to update you on a support issue or to invite you to take part in a survey. This processing is necessary to serve our legitimate interest.
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
How we protect your data
What data breach procedures we have in place
What third parties we receive data from
What automated decision making and/or profiling we do with user data
Industry regulatory disclosure requirements
This Site is affiliated with CMI Marketing, Inc., d/b/a CafeMedia (“CafeMedia”) for the purposes of placing advertising on the Site, and CafeMedia will collect and use certain data for advertising purposes. To learn more about CafeMedia’s data usage, click here: www.cafemedia.com/publisher-advertising-privacy-policy