[ THE ] story
Clea and Joanna are both California transplants, currently living in Nashville. Brought together by a mutual friend, it was friendship at first text, and business partnership immediately thereafter. The goal in starting The Home Edit was to reinvent traditional organizing, and merge it with design and interior styling. While every project is rooted in functional systems that can be maintained for the long term, there is just as much emphasis placed on transforming the space visually and adding their signature stylized aesthetic.
[ THE ] scoop
NAME: Clea Shearer
- From: Los Angeles, California
- Lived in: Los Angeles and New York
- Lives in: Nashville, Tennessee
- Kids names: Stella Blue & Sutton Gray
- Alma Mater: Parsons School of Design
- Guilty pleasure: Harry Potter (sorry not sorry), The Real Housewives of Anything, trips to Target.
- Pet peeve: Their / There / They're
- Loves most about Nashville: The food, the energy, and the scenery. Also, shopping at White's Mercantile.
NAME: Joanna Teplin
- From: Durham, North Carolina
- Lived in: Chapel Hill, Santa Barbara, San Francisco, Los Angeles
- Lives in: Nashville
- Kids names: Miles Reid & Marlowe Aerin
- Alma Mater: UC Santa Barbara
- Guilty pleasure: Eating mounds of candy while watching reality TV in bed. And drive-thru Starbucks.
- Pet peeve: When someone leaves a single drop of milk in the container.
- Loves most about Nashville: The camaraderie, support, and generosity. And City House.
[ THE ] greatest things
- Grandmas and grandpas.
- Complicated coffee drinks.
- Morning walks.
- Good pens and new notebooks.
- Laughing until you're crying.
- Pumpkin flavored everything.
- White. Navy. Gray. Eggshell. Emerald Green.
- Sourdough bread.
- Lake Tahoe.
- Yellow cake and chocolate frosting.
- Anything on BRAVO.