It's pretty well known how much we love organizing pantries. It's kind of our specialty... And whether you have a walk-in pantry, a small cabinet, or something in between - here are a few simple tips for achieving a photo-worthy result in your own home:
1. Think broad // If you keep your categories large (ie: A bin for "Dinner" items rather than "Beans and Rice") it will be much easier to organize, and much easier to maintain. Making your categories too narrow and too specific makes it hard to unpack groceries.. Too many items won't have a home and it becomes easy to just shove it in the wrong bin.
2. Big bins // Make sure you have at least a few large bins for bulk items. You are bound to come home with a bag of chips at some point, and you want to make sure your bins can fit those items!
3. Add a few jars // If you're looking for an easy pantry makeover, limit yourself to just a few jars. Anything more than that requires a black belt in pantry maintenance.
4. Keep it consistent // Make sure all your bins, jars, and supplies coordinate with each-other. If the product is too mis-matched, it starts to look messy.
5. Label, label, label // Labels are critical - we can't emphasize that enough! They add a layer of instructions that help you find what you're looking for, and guide you on where to put items away. We label everything by hand, but you can get an identical look by using THE pantry labels or THE custom labels on our shop page.
Want more tips on a specific space? Let us know in the comments and we can work on it for next week!
XO, THE HOME EDIT